Sunday, June 8, 2008

lazy sunny sunday

Lazy Sundays are my favorite. Sunny lazy Sundays are even better. Like today, for example.

Woke up at 5:15a to let the dog out, because even though it is the weekend, he sticks with our weekly routine. But since it's Sunday (glorious weekend day) I got to go back to bed for THREE MORE HOURS! Rolled out of bed at 8:15ish had a breakfast fit for a queen. Left over homemade pizza (made with whole wheat dough - yumm) and a mountain dew. (Lunch was much healthier, promise.) I then strolled over to the computer to start working on my renderings... well I actually read email and caught up on friends' blogs for an hour, but then I got right to work. I have been working since then (with casual breaks to water the plants and let the dog out and fix lunch). I even emailed my boss images of what I have finished - so he can have something to review tonight or at 5am when he's in the office (prior to me rolling in at 7:30am). But I feel really accomplished, and relaxed - all at the same time. How is this possible? Clearly it is because it is Sunday - Lazy Sunny Sunday. Love it.

Totally unrelated to a the lovely Sunday that I've had - after extensive research (posting one question on a gardening board) I have discovered that we have "Dog Vomit Slime Mold" in our front flower bed (and it has now spread to our little tree out front). Google it - it does exist and we have it... the pictures look exactly like what is in our yard. Gross. But... supposedly it is totally harmless to our plants, and will go away on its own (and there is no way to get rid of it quicker). Awesome.

Also totally unrelated to the lovely Sunday or the Dog Vomit Slime Mold - my dad has decided what he wants to do for Father's Day and for his Birthday (occurs the end of this month). He wants to play golf one day and wants to go on a hot air balloon ride the other day. Both are completely reasonable and great ideas. Only problem - well there are two. First, I've never played golf (neither has dear husband) and thus we do not own clubs. Second "problem" I think I am afraid of heights. I can look out of high buildings (but I do get a little dizzy if I stare too long)... but back in college we went on a tour of the State Capitol Building in Topeka and got the opportunity to walk up the stairs above the huge glass dome, to the roof. Well I had no idea I was afraid of heights until I started climbing those little bitty rickety stairs. I got really hot and cold and queezy and dizzy. It was insane stupid. I had to sit there and miss the great sight from the roof. Who knows, maybe I just had low blood sugar (since I had skipped breakfast)? I'll be sure to eat something if we go up in the balloon... (i guess?)

Also completely unrelated to most things I just wrote - we're going to Steak'n Shake for dinner. That makes me happy. But also makes me feel old for going there during a "normal" meal time... instead of between the hours of 12 and 3am. Boo.

No comments: