Wednesday, June 18, 2008

an explanation of this blog title

wikipedia definition: the butterfly effect is a phrase that encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory

liz definition: the ability to touch all by the slightest thought, word, or movement. the fact that my life influences others, places, and things, even beyond my own understanding.


... i was going to get a butterfly tattoo on my right calf, just below my knee, as soon as i got my leg braces removed. it was going to represent my life - growing wings, freedom, flight out of what had been "holding me back". turns out i didn't need the outward sign to remind me that i had wings long before i started walking barefoot. i know for a fact that (deservedly or not) i have directly influenced piers and strangers throughout my life, through opportunities brought to me by both my disability and my abilities. i look at this as a gift, and treasure it (and hope i am not sounding conceited). but with this bears the burden of knowing that i have a responsibility of not affecting the world negatively...

No comments: