Thursday, January 22, 2009

my fingers remembered the stitches...

my great grandma is someone very special to me
she died - not recently
she was strong and italian and stubborn
and talented and loving and loved
and missed

the year i went to college she told me that if i ever needed her
all i had to do was to look to the moon, and speak to her and she'd hear me
that should sound crazy 
it didn't.

tonight i sat down to "practice" knitting
i have been trying to teach myself to knit for a few weeks now
i've made carter a few ugly neck sock things... (don't ask...)
tonight i sat down to "practice" knitting
and my fingers remembered something they've never done successfully
the stitches are beautiful -
good tension
correct counts

there is no moon tonight -
but great grandma was here
maybe that sounds crazy
but it isn't.

No comments: