Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goals for 2009

... a new year
... a chance for making life better than it was last year
(this will be a challenge considering how great last year was...)

so i've resolved that my focus will be on the details...
the things that i have to remember to think about.

anyhow - this isn't the start of a list of resolutions -
it's an ongoing list to be updated as frequently as needed...
list of things i am doing to make my life better...
and consequently, hopefully making better the life of others?
(one can only hope and dream, right?)

now my list:
1.)  i will not be buying commercially made household cleaners, if i can find a way to make them myself (in a way and using ingredients that are healthier for me, dear husband, furbaby carter, and the earth itself)
2.)  we will continue to use "real" plates/dishes/cups (i.e. no paper, plastic, disposable)
3.)  we will not buy bottled water
4.)  we will reduce our use of paper towels (this is my newest endeavor - we just started using "unpaper" towels.  there is a stack on the counter, and a mini "trashcan" just for them.  these will be washed and re-stacked as necessary...)
5.)  kitchen appliances that do not need to be plugged in continuously will be unplugged when not in use

this is not the end of the list - just the beginning...

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm pretty sure we have the same resolution list. Are you living in my head?

Liz said...

(i think you're the only person reading my blog)... and yes - i live in your head. it's getting crowded.