Friday, June 5, 2009

coffee talk

...just needed to rant...

went to starbucks this morning (yes, starbucks)
ordered my drink (my salvation - haha)
and went to wait for it...
the lady in front of me had on a very cute skirt -
one that i would love to find in my closet...
it was casual, yet refined enough that it wasn't sloppy...
it looked soft (no, i didn't touch it), but wasn't wrinkled...
so i decided to tell the woman i liked her skirt.
i am hoping she has hearing loss or maybe needs a cuetip or something...
because i am quite sure i spoke loudly and crisply this morning
(despite not having gotten my coffee yet)
she glanced at me...
looked me up and down...
smirked (not smiled, but smirked - there might have been a noise with it)
and half nodded in my general direction.

are you kidding me?

le sigh.

i was trying to be nice.
i don't look like a bag lady today - so i'm not sure what the look was for...
i have my cute jeans on and i know my socks and shoes match, respectively...

whatever.

i still like her skirt...

No comments: