Sunday, April 20, 2008

bedroom furniture

Growing up, I had hand me down dressers
(white ones with gold trim
that my mom had used as a child).

I loved them.

I had a bed frame and mattress but no headboard
(I always wanted the headboard that matched those little dressers -
my cousins had the headboards).

In grade school I got a danish desk / bookshelf system thing.
It was very "sleek" and minimalist (and kinda cheap).
But it served it's purpose.

Still - I always wanted a bedroom "set".

When we first moved in (almost 2 years ago)
we bought the matching bed and the chest of drawers.

A year later, we got side tables that are not part of the actual "set"....
but are close enough in color and style.
The ones that actually match the "set" are kinda chunky...

Last week, the dresser arrived.
I kind of hate the mirror - we may just not use the mirror.


No comments: